Sunday, November 8, 2009

Michael is now potty trained! I really didn't think it would happen before Christmas, but he saw one of his friends going potty in the toilet and he was sooo excited about it! He said, "Dallin, you can do it, I know you can!" and then he turned to me and said, "Dallin can do it, I know he can! I can do it too, I know I can!!" And from that point on he talked about underwear, going potty and all that good stuff. So we potty trained him this week and he's done really well. The only down side is that he now comes in and wakes me up at night when he has to go to the bathroom. We've got to work on his wake up techniques though. The other night I woke up suddenly and found him staring at me with his face just an inch away from mine! It freaked me out. He didn't make any noise or anything. Just stared at me. This morning right after our alarm went off we thought we heard a child cough, but we kept listening and didn't hear anything more. Then I glanced over at the door that was cracked open and about jumped out of my skin again. There were two beady little eyes staring at me through the crack! Whatever happened to coming in and saying hi? Or better yet, knocking?!?!

Michael is part of a group of 4 other kids that get together once a week for what we call "preschool". We each take a turn having the kids at our house and the other four weeks we get 2 hours all to ourselves! Michael absolutely loves it! I do too. It's great to have some time alone once a week, but I also LOVE having the other kids over too. We have soo much fun. The last time they were over they were playing in Michael's room and he kept trying to get them to come play downstairs with him. He must have asked/told them 3 or 4 times but no one was listening. Finally he stood in the doorway and in a big, loud voice he said, "Boys and girls. We are now going to go downstairs!" I was cracking up. Unfortunately, no really paid any attention (they were all surrounded by new toys!). I stepped in and told them it was time to go downstairs for preschool and since they listened to me, Michael was happy.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh my goodness I about died laughing reading this post. So funny! Yay for Michael being Potty trained - that is awesome!! Maybe it will rub off on Mason at Thanksgiving. He was doing so good for a few months this Summer and then at some point he refused to use the potty! I keep procrastinated "official" training, but you have inspired me! Maybe I'll get around to it before Thanksgiving. Yeah... not likely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great he is potty trained! I know how it is to be woken up by someone staring at you, it is freaky! That is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I cannot wait to see you all in just a few days! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete