Sunday, June 6, 2010

Michael's Update

Michael enjoying a shaving cream bath! He must have been really dirty--that water looks nasty!

**Michael gave his second talk today on the Holy Ghost. We talked just briefly about how he should bear his testimony at the end and I gave him some ideas of things to say. He didn't actually say anything on his own--I had to prompt him, but tonight we were reading out of the Friend and he heard the word testimony. He whispered to me, "Is my testimony in my heart?" Then louder to everyone else he announced, "I have a testimony. I like to bear my testimony." Ha, ha! That sounds like a quote he picked up from someone else. I seriously doubt he knows what that means!

**At dinner tonight he was apparently feeling left out of the conversation and wanted to make his mark so he loudly said, "And it came to pass that he went for a walk in the woods and he fell into a hole." O-kay! Talk about random!

**After stubbing his toe one day he grabbed it saying, "Oh!! My pinky toe!"

**One morning I mentioned something to the boys about sleeping in. Michael leaped out of his chair and exclaimed excitedly, "SLEEP IN?!!? That will be awesome!!!" Ha, ha! That would be awesome if you ever did it!!

**It was raining today and Michael kept walking out on the soaking wet grass in his socks and then Jacob caught him trying to drink water that was pouring out of the gutter. I told him he needed to stay on the patio and that he couldn't drink the water out of the gutter because it was dirty. He threw his hands out in exasperation and muttered, "Bossy, bossy, bossy." LOL!

**I told you last month how he was praying we could get a new house. Well, every few days he looks around the house or his room and asks, "Is our house new yet?" Ha, ha! I don't think we're on the same page about what it means to have a "new" house!

**He has recently made up his own language. It's English but it's all mixed up. He regularly informs us of the changes he has made: "Mom, breakfast is lunch. Yes means no. Okay means hi," etc. Fortunately he's patient with us when we make mistakes trying to speak his new language!

**At the top of the "R" Mountain he said that he had heard a noise. I asked him what is sounded like and he said, "A dinosaur whispering." LOL! I was not expecting that answer!

**Michael has become a real jokester lately. Tyler's uncle Dale used to call him "Mister Mischief" and I think that expression perfectly describes Michael lately. He's always popping out to scare me or trying to trick me. He'll say really random things that I don't even know how to respond to and then tell me he's just kidding and he tricked me. Like one day he said something and I responded to him and he said, "I wasn't talking to you. My toe said that." Uh, okay! Then of course he laughed and said that he tricked me! He'll also pretend things like pretending he can't reach the soap in the bathroom and when I come to help he laughs and says just kidding. Or he'll moan and whine and hold his foot or something telling me he hurt it. He'll carry on for awhile telling me all about how he hurt it and then finally tell me he's just kidding. Sigh. I thought having 3 pranksters in the house was bad enough. N0w we've got 4!

**Michael's favorite expressions:
  • "But that will take for-EVER!"
  • "You are not the boss!" or "But I am the boss!"
  • "It's your choice!" (this is said when he's mad at someone)
  • "Is it movie time?"
  • "You never let me do anything I want!" (this expression started after we made the mistake of reading him Little Critter's "Just So Mad").
  • "I am not Michael. I am the Sapta Goblin."
  • "I always wanted this rock!" (or pinecone or stick)

1 comment:

  1. Haha he's so funny! My favorite is "bossy, bossy, bossy!"

    ReplyDelete