Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tyler's Update

The last week of school the 4th graders had a Wax Museum. All the kids dressed up as people from different periods of Idaho History and then they each told a little bit about the person they were acting out. Tyler was Pierre Cruzatte from the Lewis and Clark expedition. His part was, "My name is Pierre Cruzatte. I am an expert boatman. I also entertain the men at night with the fiddle. One day I went hunting with Lewis and because of my poor eyesight I thought he was a deer, so I shot him in the bum." Hmmm...that's a part of the expedition I've never heard about!



This is part of the backdrop Tyler's group drew and painted. It was so funny. The day they painted it Tyler came home upset because while the boys had been working on another area of the back drop they came back to this one and discovered that the girls had painted the mountains purple. He just kept talking about how crazy that was--purple mountains! Who ever heard of purple mountains? Ha, ha! I'm guessing the girls must have recently sung "America the Beautiful" or something!

While we were on the "R" Mountain Jacob saw a sign and said, "I wonder what that sign says." He tromped over to check it out. Tyler called after him, "It probably says 'Walking here is hazardous to your death.'" There was a pause. "I mean your growth." LOL! It's so funny to hear them try to use "adult" expressions!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha too funny "hazardous to your death" and "your growth" I love it.

    ReplyDelete