Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update on Jacob


1. Jacob is really into reading. He just finished the entire "Magic Tree House" series and so I got a couple of "A to Z Mysteries" at the library for him, thinking that it would last him a couple weeks because their pretty good size books. He was done with all of them within a week! Considering he's one of the youngest in his class he's doing exceptionally well. He's reading on almost a fourth grade reading level and his test scores are among the highest in the class. Way to go Jacob!

2. Jacob started piano lessons this fall and is really picking up on it fast. He and Tyler now play simplified hymns and primary songs and accompany us during Family Night!

Let me sum up Jacob's week in his own words:

"On Friday February 6 I went muten busten! And the sheep stepped on me and it hurt bad but I was brave. And for the prize they gave out T-shirts! I thought they were going to give out stufft Winnie the poo! But thank goodness they didn't!

"Today we played with legos. It was fun! And we bilt a house! And it had a kitchen, and a living room and a bedroom and Michael chuckt legos at us! And Michael threw legos all over the house! And I got mad at him. But I forgave him! That's the good part! And it was a pain picking up. But we got it all done! And Michael sat in the lego box. And me and Tyler said that you were gonig to brake it. so Michael got out and I and Tyler and Michael carried the box up the stairs."

We always get a kick out of Jacob's journal entries!

3 comments:

  1. Another reader!! That's great! Enjoyed your journal entry Jacob. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no ideas the boys were so good at piano - I am amazed! If we ever live closer - you need to teach me! I can only get so far on my own! Wahaha- I loved Jacob's journal entry. I am so glad he forgave Michael! What a guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha that is awesome! I'm sad I missed Jacob mutton bustin this year! Jacob, that is so cool you built a tent. Michael and I used to do that all the time!! We made the coolest tents! :)

    ReplyDelete