Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update on Michael

1. Michael has a very good imagination. He is always telling me to run from somebody. Usually it's "Huuwah" (Darth Vader) but today he said a "mean guy" was coming and I had to run. So I ran over to the couch and he started cheering and said, "Wahoo! Good job!"

2. Michael likes Yoga, and I hate to admit it but he is actually better at some of the poses than I am! (That's not really saying much though since I am so inflexible!). I wish I could video tape him doing it, but so far he hasn't let me. He joined me for about 10 minutes straight this morning doing all the different hand and leg movements! It was hilarious! Then he sat and drank his milk and watched me for the next half hour. When I finished he breathed out real hard like he was out of breath and said, "Whew. We made it." Ha, ha! I'm sure drinking that milk was pretty exhausting!

Oh, one other Yoga story! During one part we were lying on our backs and we were supposed to grab our toes and then stretch our legs straight up in the air. Michael could reach his toes, but I can't even stick my leg straight up in the air let alone reach my toes! So he's laying there grabbing his toes and then he looks over at me and gets all panicked. He says, "Mommy, get it, get it!!", pointing up at my toes. I told him I couldn't reach and so he takes his hand off of his foot and pretends that he can't reach either. He makes this sound like he's falling and says, "Ahhh! I can't weach!!"

3. His new phrase this week is "that make sad". He says this with the most pitiful looking pouty face followed by a few really good whimpers! It's enough to break your heart! But not always enough to get what he wants! He wanted to take a picture with our camera today and I wouldn't let him (sorry, expensive electronics do NOT belong in the hands of two year olds!). He said, "Mommy, make sad." Whimper, whimper. He got a big hug but he did not get to take a picture!

6 comments:

  1. This is great you have a blog! Now we will really be up-to-date on all the fun things the kids do! And I know it's never a dull moment around your house! lol Michael is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonz, I miss that wittle Michael! What a sweatheart to make you feel better about not being able to reach your toes! I was laughing so hard about those stories! So how do you like yoga so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like it! It's a lot more of a workout than you think it's going to be. And I always feel so good when I'm done--relaxed, loosened up. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Bonnie....what is the yoga you are doing? Is it for old people too?! I think you are gearing up for our next leg wrestle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And I never thought I'd like yoga. It is insanely relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha I love Huuwah!! Man, it's only been a month and a half, but I already feel like its been forever since I've seen you guys!

    ReplyDelete