Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update on Tyler

Tyler's "Four Leaf Lover"


1. Tyler loves to read. I can't keep enough books in the house! He just finished the 3rd Harry Potter and we told him he'd need to wait until he's older to continue the series so I got him the Spiderwick Chronicles and he finished the first 3 books in a week and is now reading James and the Giant Peach. He informed me that it has the "a" word in there twice. Whoops. I thought I could trust Roald Dahl....

2. I was playing Canasta with the boys the other night while Jeremiah was at scouts and Tyler wasn't having the greatest of games. Everytime he would draw a card he would mutter, "I keep having rotten luck".

3. Tyler's class had a market yesterday where they made things to sell. Tyler made some really good mint chocolate cookies that were a big hit, but he also made some things out of paper hearts. One of them he called a "four-leaf lover". I thought I had heard him wrong so I said, "Oh, yeah! A four-leaf clover!" He said, "Yea, but it's made of hearts so I call it a four leaf lover." I laughed so hard about that. He is so creative!

4. Tyler just researched and typed up a report on peregrine falcons all by himself. I thought he did a great job so I thought I'd share:

"Peregrine falcon is the fastest animal in the world. It is related to the hawk. HTey have eyes bigger than ours. They eat ducks, rabbits, and other small animals.

The female is bigger than the male. NO FARE! They are endangered! Mainly because of hunters and egg collectors.

They are found in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia. They can live up to 20 years in the wild! Amazing! Females breed from March to May.

They lay 3-4 eggs. They don't use nests. They lay eggs on the ground. So be careful don't step on them!

Do you know how big they are? They are 15-18 in. They can go over 200 miles a hour. They are the fastest animal in the world. They hunt birds as large as geese. I think they are so cool."

4 comments:

  1. I like your report on the peregrine falcon. It is so informative and very well written. It's good that you enjoy reading. There are so many interesting things to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I loved the "four leaf lover!" Haha so funny! I am honestly in awe that Tyler has read Harry Potter - craziness. What a smart kid! I loved his report! What a stud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a blog! It's been fun to read. That was a great report, Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha I loved it! It's so funny to hear the things they say as they get older. I'm always amazed every time I see them the things they know!

    The report was awesome! Tyler, you are a good writer!

    ReplyDelete