Sunday, February 21, 2010

Beware the 3 Year Old Cook

Thank goodness for the blog to make you take pictures and laugh about
something that is really not funny at the moment!
This is what happens when you let a 3 year old help in the kitchen. I had just finished making some enchilada sauce with chicken and black beans and I was standing at the stove breaking up tortillas into the pan. Michael was up on a stool at the counter behind me and I should have known that he was not just going to sit there and watch me. I should have known he was going to try to stir the sauce. Sigh. The last thing I heard was a crash and the splatter. It was all over the floor, fridge and counters. I had actually cleaned up the floor quite a bit before I took this picture. But then I discovered sauce dripping off the back of my pants. Little did I know it was ALL over me! I was laughing that I had been walking around trying to clean up and the boys had never told me what I looked like!

Of course, I really should have expected something like this. It really isn't Michael's fault. I had JUST finished mopping, had on a BRAND new pair of pants and a WHITE sweater. Seriously, I was asking for it. And as you know, milk never spills unless you've just mopped.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! So true! And I'll add to that - "No one drops by when the house is CLEAN."

    ReplyDelete