Monday, February 1, 2010

Three Going on Ten

I guess it comes with having two brothers that are quite a bit older, but Michael is definitely 3 going on 10. His vocabulary is quite different from other 3 year olds who do not have older siblings. For example, in the middle of the Sacrament awhile ago he gave Jacob the peace sign and "whispered" loudly, "Peace Out!" How are you supposed to be reverent when things like that are going on? It was hilarious!

Then there's "slug-bug" and "Jinx" and all the other silly little things kids these days think they have made up, but really those things have been around for generations. Michael does them all. We'll be having a conversation in the car and all of a sudden he'll stop talking and yell, "Slug-bug red!" and then go right back to the conversation. I finally banned "Jinx" from the dinner table because after we would all say "Amen" at the end of the prayer all 3 kids would yell, "Jinx! 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Jinx!" I don't think Michael has any idea what jinx is all about, but it's funny to see him try and use it.

And the funniest thing I think he has ever said happened the other day when he was helping me make homemade pizza. As hard as I try and ban this talk from our house, boys will be boys and they just can't resist informing us every time they burp or "fluff" (Cochran code for fart). So naturally when Michael hears the word "fluff" he is not thinking about cotton balls. So we were adding the yeast and he thought it was turtle food (it looks very similar to the pellets we give our turtles). I was explaining to him that the yeast helps the pizza be nice and fluffy. He turned to me, his eyes narrowed in confusion and said quietly, "So...the pizza fluffs...and that's good?" LOL! I try to not laugh at his face when he says something funny, but this time I failed miserably! If I had been eating something at the time I would have choked for sure! It wasn't just what he said, but how he said it--quietly, like it was our little secret and he didn't want the rest of the family to know about the fluffing pizza!

2 comments:

  1. He is so funny! I loved reading all of your new posts. I'm glad you updated it, even if it was a lot all at once, that's better than never! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - So dang funny!! He's growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete